Fashion Tip : Jelly Shoes for Rainy Days!


Sometimes, I wish that I am waterproof. Most especially during that time of the year when Typhoons and floods are coming in.

Let's face the reality that we still have to go to work despite of the strong wind and heavy rain waiting for us outside our home. And if you take public transportation like me, you know that most of the time, you, will be soaking wet by the time you reached the office. Don't you just hate it?

What I hate the most is the fact that braving the hard rain can shorten the life of our favorite shoes. That's why I'm glad that Jelly Shoes came to my life. 


I know some of us will not like the idea of wearing Jelly Shoes. You might think that your feet will smell bad or that it might be slippery. But for me, I think that they are one of the many solutions that will help me get through the rainy days.

The first batch of Jelly Shoes that went out a few years ago were a bit hard to wear because of their designs, but thank goodness they changed! The ones that I can see right now in the Metro's famous tiangges can be worn easily to match most of our outfits. 
  
Here are some examples of the Jelly Shoes :

They now come in Animal Prints too! Rawr!




With Ribbons :)

This particular style is a cheaper. I believe they costs from P50 to P100 depending on where you'll buy it.


I don't think I'm going to wear one of these Jelly Boots. Coz I don't think I can pull it off.






This one is a bit hard to match with any outfit. Eto yung tipo ng may binabagayan talaga.
Just like the first boot.

This one I like :)

Again, this one is just like the first boot but on a different color. But still, this will not work for me.

I saw one of this, and hindi siya bagay sa paa ko unfortunately. Good thing I didn't buy one online.

Another example of may binabagayan. Remember : Not everything that looks good on your friend, will also be the same for you. Iba iba tayo, so make sure that you choose the ones na babagay sa inyo.

Bet ko rin to, but I will choose a different color.

I
I've seen girls wearing this kind of boots, and I think it looks good on them. Pero sakin malamang hindi, haha!


This one, I want!


Cute, but I think there's a lot going on.


This one is perfect if you're wearing a pair of shorts. 

Sometimes when it's raining we usually just bring slippers then change and wear our shoes when we  arrive at our destination right? Pero minsan, nakakainis kasi makikita mo yung suot mo or yung legs mo ay may talsik ng putik dahil sa paglalakad mo using your slippers. (Raise your hand if nangyayari sayo to most of the time!)

So the jelly sandals above can prevent that. Di ka na magkakaroon ng badtrip na talsik sa likod ng legs mo!
I am planning to buy one like this in the coming days, pero plain lang. Without the design and the tassel. 


Try to wear this one, baka ilipad ka pa kung traffic. Tipid pamasahe.






This lst one, di ko siya bet. Again, this will not look good on me.


So what do you think? Some of the designs will work for me and I love the idea that I can wear it during the rainy days without worrying that my shoes will be ruined. They actually don't smell bad, for me, that is. Been wearing them for almost a week now. So far they're ok :)


Just a tip, don't wear nail polishes when you are wearing closed Jelly Shoes, kasi since made of rubber sila, yung nail polish natin ay didikit dun sa rubber pag naglalakad tayo. Masisira lang. So if you are wearing a  nail polish, go for the jelly shoes' that are open toe. 


Don't forget to leave me some comments below :) Let me know what you think about Jelly Shoes!




Comments

comments powered by Disqus

About TFL

The Filipino Lifestyle is a team of young and hip professionals with a passion for sharing their insights on topics various about technology, gadgets, travel, food, beauty and fashion with the rest of the online world. The team’s unique mix of hobbies and interest allows The Filipino Lifestyle Blog to be a rich source of information for its readers that is both fun and interesting to read.

Like us on Facebook

2012-2015 © The Filipino Lifestyle
Planer theme
Powered by Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget