Looking Back: Ragnarok Online


There is only one massively multiplayer online role-playing game that caught my heart and made me an addict MMORPG player – that’s Ragnarok. It was commonly referred to as RO. The game was first released in South Korea in 2002 and after that in other countries around the world. Ragnarok was a hit and I am one of those online users who got hooked on this game during its fame. 



Characters in Ragnarok are in 2D while its environment is in 3D. Most of the servers in Ragnarok supported three types of gameplay: Player vs Environment, Guild vs Guild, and Player vs. Player.

I played Ragnarok in 2005 in Freya server. During that time, you have to pay for the time you spend when playing. My character in the server is a wizard. It was so hard to turn a mage into a wizard during that time especially when you don’t have a phen clip. It’s an accessory used by mage class so their casting won’t stop even if they’re being attacked by monsters. The exam for job change for mage class is located in Geffen.

Ragnarok Free to Play Servers

I quit playing in Freya until a free to play server in the Philippines opened. Playing RO in a paid server is very expensive so a F2P server is a saviour for those who wanted to play. Aside from Valkyrie, which is overly populated by RO players, I decided to try the newly opened free to play server Valhalla (formerly Thor). As usual, I created my favorite character under mage class.





On My Quest to Changes of Jobs

When I reached level 70+ for my first character, I got bored of my Wizard so I guess it’s time to try a new job class. My friend told me to try a Champion. It’s under an Acolyte Job Class. 

Guess what? I didn’t become a Champion, instead I decided to change my job to High Priestess! During the early age of Valhalla (few months after it opened) there are a lot of characters playing in Payon. Since I am an Acolyte, players need me in their parties. I enjoyed it when people ask for a favor of healing them of giving those players buffs. Plus I am always in a party. Another reason why I decided to choose a High Priestess job than a Champion is because HP looks cuter than Champs. And I guess, I am not that skilled to pilot a Champion.



Levelling up got more difficult when I turned 80+ priest. It is not easy to level up when you have shared exp. and priests can't level up without being in a party or shared exp. So I need to boost another class to level up. Unlike with other characters, they can level up on their own.

Since I am very patient and addicted to this game, I was able to reach 99 and change job to a High Priestess after talking to Valkyrie. Then after that, the rest is history. Kidding. I continued playing and become more addicted to the game as I explored and discovered more things to do like boss hunting, WOE (War of the Emporium), chika time with friends and guild mates in Prontera, selling expensive items and more.


Ragnarok Job Classes

There are different job classes in Ragnarok. You can choose from the characters which you think you will enjoy playing. I have tried piloting a lot of characters like High Priest, Sniper, Champion, High Wizard, Black Smith, Gypsy, and more. My favorite is character is a High Priestess.  It will take time to discuss all of them so I will just be showing you pictures because at the back of my mind, I know that you are reading this because you played this game once. 




Right now there is a Third Job class for Ragnarok after the Renewal Episode. I am not sure of these job classes (because I already stopped playing years ago) so again, what I can share are pictures.


Ragnarok Towns

The world of Ragnarok is composed of several maps and towns. Each maps are added in each episode. When I checked, Level-Up Games Philippines, it’s already in Episode 25: Port Malaya. 


On my future posts, I will be showing you screenshots of my characters. I hope I won’t be that busy so I can open my account again.





Comments

comments powered by Disqus

About TFL

The Filipino Lifestyle is a team of young and hip professionals with a passion for sharing their insights on topics various about technology, gadgets, travel, food, beauty and fashion with the rest of the online world. The team’s unique mix of hobbies and interest allows The Filipino Lifestyle Blog to be a rich source of information for its readers that is both fun and interesting to read.

Like us on Facebook

2012-2015 © The Filipino Lifestyle
Planer theme
Powered by Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget