Umbrellas Up!


It has been raining cats and dogs these past few weeks. Typhoons really like to hang out here in the Philippines and I heard that there's one more Typhoon coming in. Typhoons and floods has always been a big part of our lives. We just have to live with it.

During the rainy season, what is the common thing that we bring to make sure that we stay dry on our way to work, not completely dry, but at least protect us from the rain?



Did you thought of umbrella? Yes, that is right! You didn't look at the title did you?

Anyhoo, for me, it is very important to bring with you an umbrella, to shield ourselves from the rain and from the rays of the sun. But is it enough that you bring an umbrella with you? I think not, what is important is to bring a sturdy umbrella with you. Here are a few umbrella brands that I have tried and tested, and I want to share my experiences about them with you!

1. Fibrella - I noticed that there were a lot of people using this brand of umbrella.This is probably the most popular brand in the Philippines when it comes to umbrellas. Some of my friends told me that they brand is really good and they had their Fibrellas for such a long time now. 

Since most of my friends recommended this brand, I went ahead and buy one from SM Department Store. It was in dark blue and costs arond 300-400php. 

Guess what? It didn't last me a month =( and it's probably my fault.



2. Hydro Techno - I haven't tried this one yet, but I heard a couple of good things about this umbrella brand. This brand is only sold at SM Department Stores. It's a bit more expensive than Fibrella since there usual umbrellas costs 400 and up. But with the designs of their umbrellas, I think they are a little worth it.





3. BENCH - Yes, they have garments, shoes, cosmetics, fragrance, bags, and umbrellas. I just discovered them last year and what can I say? Their umbrellas are definitely sturdy, I bought one and lasted me a very long time :) I even recommended the brand to my friends. I can use my umbrella even if it's very windy and it you will not have that awkward "baliktad payong" moment. The only thing is that they don't have a lot of designs and colors to choose from. As for me, I don't care as long as they are sturdy and won't let me down during the windy and rainy days of my life.

I can't find a photo of a BENCH umbrella on the internet as their umbrellas are not that popular. Just visit a BENCH store and check if they have them there.

4. Below 100 Umbrellas. They are a little worth it for their price and if you are on a budget. I'd suggest that you if you prefer these ones, go and buy two of them. I think there are 50php ones that you can buy :) They are not sturdy but they really have cute designs and color that can makeup for the quality. 


Choosing an umbrella is totally based on your preferences. If they fit your budget and you think it's worth it, then go ahead and buy it. Others, may prefer different ways to protect themselves from the rain, they may use raincoats instead of umbrellas, again it's your choice your payong. 

Just always remember to keep safe and stay dry! 

If you have any other umbrella brands that you can recommend to The Filipino Lifestyle blog readers, feel free to share them on the comment box below :) We love it when we receive comments from our readers.

Till next time!





Comments

comments powered by Disqus

About TFL

The Filipino Lifestyle is a team of young and hip professionals with a passion for sharing their insights on topics various about technology, gadgets, travel, food, beauty and fashion with the rest of the online world. The team’s unique mix of hobbies and interest allows The Filipino Lifestyle Blog to be a rich source of information for its readers that is both fun and interesting to read.

Like us on Facebook

2012-2015 © The Filipino Lifestyle
Planer theme
Powered by Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget